All you need is a fast internet connection (broadband), a good quality webcam, and the program Skype.
Lessons can be carried out in your own home, at a convenient time, and from around the world. And Skype is a free and easy programme to use. Click here to download Skype for Windows, and here for Mac.
The pros of Skype lessons include:
- Larger range of available teachers (if teachers in your area are scarce).
- No commuting time to and from lessons.
- Record your lessons to review later - using software such as SuperTinTin (however this is not free to download).
- Warm up can be carried out right up to lesson time.
- If you have recently been ill (and are possibly still contagious), you can still have your lesson.
- Ability to immediately practise what you have learned after your lesson, while it is still fresh in your mind.
- If several siblings are having lessons, the other children can do what they like instead of waiting.